Monday, January 22, 2018

Letting Go

 I am sharing an article written by my business and life coach Lisa Robbin Young. You may know her as The Renaissance Mom and the owner of The Direct Sales Classroom. She originally posted this blog post quite a while ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 In the past 24 hours it feels as though I have awakened from a 35 year coma. I can’t begin to explain everything here, at least not yet. But new realities have come into my field of vision, and I’m seeing the world through somewhat different eyes. As moms, we often think that we are doing so much for everyone else, and we don’t have a voice of our own. Sometimes we feel squelched. 


Today, I realized I’ve been squelching myself in ways I never recognized; ways I never comprehended. And it changes starting now. During this process of “awakening” if you will, I heard a quote on the radio. It moved me so, that I had to find the author and share it with you. In the past few days, it hit me that as long as our hands are clenched, we cannot give, nor can we receive. Further, if all we do is take, eventually there’s nothing left to take. If all we do is give, eventually, there’s nothing left to give. Thus, we must give and take in order to keep balance and maintain a “karmic equilibrium” so to speak. This passage from Dr. Margaret Rinck spoke to me. And so I offer it to those of you dealing with clenched fists – whether they’re yours or someone else’


To Let Go Takes Love by Dr. Margaret J. Rinck


  • To “let go” does not mean to stop caring. It means I can’t do it for someone else.

  • To “let go” is not to cut myself off. It’s the realization that I can’t control another.
  • To “let go” is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.
  • To “let go” is not to try to change or blame another. It’s to make the most of myself.
  • To “let go” is not to care for, but to care about.
  • To “let go” is not to fix, but to be supportive.
  • To “let go” is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.
  • To “let go” is not to be in the middle, arraging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies.
  • To “let go” is not to be protective; it’s to permit another to face reality.
  • To “let go” is not deny, but to accept.
  • To “let go” is not to nag, scold or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
  • To “let go” is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.
  • To “let go” is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.
  • To “let go” is to fear less and to love more.

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     So... Let Go and Let GOD, be kind, especially to yourselves. That's what I'm going to do. What about you?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment